1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alan Dershowitz Finds The Bottom Of The Barrel.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

With the writer's strike and all, maybe you could sell that script to CSI: Whatever.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Can we please not run through the list of plot outlines for next season's '24' every time the discussion turns to a national policy of torture. Please?

You want something to talk about? Talk about this:

We're kidnapping women and children.

Watch last night's 'Frontline.' Pay particular attention to the renditions from Kenya to Ethiopia.

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/rendition701/?campaign=pbshomefeatures_1_frontlineworldbrextraordinaryrendition_2007-11-07

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

How about, "Surf's up!"

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So the question then isn't whether the use of physical coercion is always wrong, the question is does Bush et. al. have the moral authority and judgment to make the decision to use this type of coercion. The answer is obviously, NO.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that plot is stolen from one of the "Dirty Harry" movies.

I know for certain that if my child were kidnapped, no matter how distressed I was, I would not begin picking folks off the street at random and trying to torture whatever information I could out of them. I'd end up going through a lot of people and probably doing a lot of damage for which I would probably be held accountable. The same might be true of the Bush administration.

6. Torture is always wrong.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Amen.

8. And even if it weren't, there has to be a better argument for it than "Hey, it worked for the Gestapo!"
    Poor Ken Burns. He wasted all that time.

9. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Didn't Alan Dershowitz find the bottom of the barrel long before this?

10. I'd thought so.

11. ATLienCP

ATLienCP Member

Well at least now he knows its still there.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I believe he actually rolled the barrel to one side and dug beneath it here.

Draft saved Draft deleted