1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama students write-in Julio Jones for SGA senate seat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hammer Pants, Mar 9, 2009.

1. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

And another potentially interesting thread starts its downward spiral because the regular members keep picking at each other like elementary school children.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

This would fit right in with the racist already in my sig.

3. Just goes to show that Tide fans are insane about football. Either that or they want a free ride in Jones' free Escalade.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I dunno. I could see that happening at a lot of schools regardless of location.
    I'm not one to ordinarily stick up for Bammer fanbois and gurls, but I will in this case.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Knowing where he's from from his poll application, he's definitely not in Alabama.

And anything that causes distress to a frat boy or sorority girl is a very good thing, indeed

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What's funny is that Julio Jones can't read or write.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Agreed. It's more schadenfreude than hilarity. Apparently, the black candidate for SGA president was a girl named Key, so the Greeks supposedly decided it would be fun to key the cars of her supporters (identified by shoe polish on the windows and whatnot) while they were chalking the sidewalk. Also, and at least this is less destructive, they were turning the keys that had been drawn on the sidewalks into penises. The University president sent out an e-mail or something admonishing this type of behavior and demanding it stop.

When I was at Alabama there were alleged death threats against a black guy who was running and the n-word spray painted one of his largest and most visible signs. As pointed out above, about 100% of this shit comes from those groups that want to maintain their historical control over student campus politics. My take is that Julio's election is largely a "fuck you" to those types. Beyond that, I wouldn't be at all sad to see the SGA disbanded as had been done before in the 90s.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

fucking solid.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And some of us think the whole "greek" concept is hilarious.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Is this "Greek" as in fraternities?

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yes, although in terms of relevance and importance, I think "greek" in the other sense is a lot more impactful. :D

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I live in Mississippi and don't mind it. I wouldn't mind living in NYC, either. I'm open to lots of things, places and people. I say this time and time again, it's not where you are, it's who you're with.

Draft saved Draft deleted