1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama, anyone

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by m2spts, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm still gonna hold him to it. we were going to take the kids to disney world, but not now. i wonder how they'll take it when they get up in the morning?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Bring it. I'll drive.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

love to. just don't cook me any catfish dog. ... and to be honest, i don't like lobster, either.

4. WS

WS Member

How can you forget Waterloo in "towns in Alabama that start with a W"

never heard of Wilton, but can vouch for the other four. Waterloo is a fifth

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wilton is a nasty little flyspeck of a speedtrap just west of Montevallo, on the Shelby/Bibb County line.

And while I can't think of five "Z" towns, the Drive-By Truckers are ashamed that you forgot Zip City.

6. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Yes, it's spelled correctly. Easily one of my favorite spots in Alabama. Grew up going to Dauphin Island with friends. Much better than that Gulf Shores area.

7. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

It's not gone. Still there. The west end has been shut off to public traffic for years. Every hurricane that blows through or within a 250-mile radius cuts the island in half. but it gets fixed every time. and i'm pretty sure developers are now starting to build much more on the island. I liked it when it was just a bunch of houses and not much else.

8. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

How can you speak like that about the Redneck Riviera? I'm appalled!

9. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Very, very, very easily, actually. You know my tastes. Less WalMart, more Publix. Also more off the beaten path.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You have Publix... man I know a guy who lives in a town so backward that he has to drive like an hour to go to a Publix....

11. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Even my tiny town in a 'Bammy corner has a Publix! I used to love the Redneck Riviera when I was a kid. Before I knew any better.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How does being remote mean backward?

Draft saved Draft deleted