1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama, anyone

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by m2spts, Apr 6, 2007.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

not sure what the pay will be on this one, but I'm willing to bet no more than $20k, and that might be on the high end. that said, you can still live on that in nw alabama. Fishing and hunting are good, so is the golf -- two relatively new Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail courses are about 30 minutes from Russellville. There are other quality courses around the area, too.
    and memphis, nashville and birmingham are about two-hour drives.
    not the worst gig in the world, certainly not the best, either.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Well, there's a history of several severe head traumas with me, so that could explain it.

Alabama. It can't be worse than Trenton.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

outing alert: xan is white.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Outing alert: I am the walrus, kookookachoo!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

This is I believe a Boone paper. Last I heard they were paying the grand total of 18 cents a mile! Don't spend it all in one place. I would say 2under is right on with the 20K estimate.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

As an added bonus, you are not too far from Guin and Gu-Win, as well as the Coon Dog Cemetery.

Enjoy.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, Jason Cannon is probably the managing editor ... maybe general manager. I think he recently left Clanton in pretty decent shape. Many people have made the move from Clanton to Franklin County and turned out well.

I hear Jason is good people. I met him once -- several years after I left Clanton, and came back to say hello to everyone.

$20K or just above is probably about right. And, yes, it's a Boone paper. Pay sucks, the work'll be hard and long, but it's a good starting place for someone to get some good experience.

It always seemed to me to be one of those pay-your-dues kind of places.

9. chazp

chazp Active Member

[blue]I can't believe this one is still open seven weeks later. After all, they pay almost as well as Charlie Comiskey did.[/blue]

10. How you gunna afford to play golf and eat too on $20K or less a year?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

maybe they didn't receive any resumes. it is alabama for christ's sakes.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

Draft saved Draft deleted