1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Sharpton's hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, May 9, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

"I've not seen anything like that since Rodney King, and it's worse than Rodney King, and we cannot allow our community to be under siege."

But it's ok for you to make others under seige.
    God, I wish someone within the African-American community would publicly come out and tell him to STFU.

2. How about if somebody else in the African American community were to come out and say, loudly, that stuff like that we see in the video is unacceptable in a civilized society?
    How about if somebody in the white community would say it?
    Sharpton says it, and people listen because somebody has to.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

What others?

What siege?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Some of us don't monitor sharpton 24/7. Any links, context?

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Were markvid and Fenian trying to pull a Punk'd on us?

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You don't think Sharpton helped make innocent folks living in the Crown Heights community feel under siege? Or the unjustly maligned in events like the Tawana Brawley and Duke lacrosse cases?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

I'd take it a lot more seriously if it came from someone else.

And for your reading pleasure...

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/state/pennsylvania/20080508_ap_sharptonphillypolicebeatingworsethanrodneyking.html

8. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

This crap again?

Al Sharpton has no say in the carrribbean community of Crown Heights.

Stop reading from wikipedia.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Chee, not all of us fall back on Wikipedia.

10. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Al Sharpton's wrong a lot. He was dead-wrong about the Duke lacrosse thing, and it's obvious he got involved in that because the "victim" was black and the accused were white. But like Fenian said, this is an issue that deserves some outrage. Unarmed kid getting plugged 45 TIMES is not OK. Two of the involved officers reportedly had to RELOAD to keep popping him. Keep in mind, no weapon on this guy whatsoever. Someone who isn't a race baiter, white/black/Asian/Latino whatever, should be leading the outcry against that hearing.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

I'm not disagreeing the point, K.
    My point is, Al screams wolf so much and refuses to admit when he's wrong, it's hard to take him seriously, even if he's right.

12. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I absolutely agree.

Draft saved Draft deleted