1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Queada eating children?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 10, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, you just helped prove the point about what Democrats think about the Bush administration by drudging up that old You Tube clip of Condileeza Rice in front of the 9/11 commission.

It goes to the whole idea that the Bush administration knew and didn't do anything about it.

A poll by Rasmussen Report, which of course was debunked by Media Matters because they didn't like the data, found that only 39 percent of Democrats believe Bush couldn't have stopped 9/11 and thus was not to blame for it.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

"45% blamed Bush for 9/11."
    That does NOT equal "a significant portion of the left now believes Bush either knew about 9/11 or even had something to do with it."

I'm asking for evidence to back up a claim made by Old_Tony. Either back it up with proper information or back away.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I never asked for proof of anything, Zag. I posted the You Tube video, and the accompanying line, as a joke. Your argument's with Pastor.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

How about we try this, Zagoshe? Can you find a mainstream left-wing/liberal editorial that posits that Bush a) knew about 9/11 in advance or b) had some role in it? There are extremists on both sides of the political spectrum, but they're on the fringe for a reason: they're in the distinct minority. But to have a "significant" portion of the left, you've got to have more than the Chomsky/Zinn carnival freaks.

5. zagoshe

I just did with the Rasmussen Report poll. I know it is flawed because media matters says it is.

And that 45 percent is Americans as a whole and the Rasmussen Report found that 86 percent of Republicans do not blame Bush or believe he knew about it in advance, so you do the math, if you are capable and given your take on taxes I'm not sure you are, on what percentage of Democrats believe this in order to come up with 45 percent of the population at large. It is over 60 percent which is a significant portion.

Now you can continue to try and tap dance around it because you showed your ass and like a toddler you were spanked, but that won't change the fact that YOU.ARE.WRONG.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I can't decide what's dumber: Tony's original statement or Zag's pitiful attempt to justify it.

7. zagoshe

Does Paul Krugman from the NYT count or is he a carnival act as well? (I think he is a carnival act, but some of you on here swear by him).

8. zagoshe

Or the pitiful cheerleading that goes on from the losers who never have anything to offer other than cheerleading their butt buddies from the sidelines because they have nothing to add to the conversation.....

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Zag, did you read the poll that you posted? Here, let me quote it for you:

But WAIT! There is more...

See, this poll was "Did Bush do enough to stop the terrorist attacks?" We know that was the question because the same question was asked of Clinton. That isn't the statement that was initiated by Old_Tony.

So, let's go back and review what was said:
    "a significant portion of the left now believes Bush either knew about 9/11 or even had something to do with it."

Since you seem to have trouble with that (since this is the second time I'm posting against the same link), let me make OT's statement simpler:
    Lefties believe Bush had specific information about 9/11 before it happened and let thousands of people die anyway.
    Lefties believe Bush was behind 9/11 and murdered thousands of people.

So, if we are going to discuss this further, I ask that you specifically address this and grow up with the crap "spanking" statements since you have done nothing of the sort.

I will also note that Old_tony is rather quiet on the subject. So, if he is still online now, that would certainly speak volumes.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There is no "conversation"

Old Tony makes one of his dumber statements and you post irrelevant nonsense

11. zagoshe

The Rassmussen Poll which you conveinently ignore addresses that very point and gives you a number - only 39 percent of Democrats believe Bush had nothing to do with or no knowledge of the 9/11 attacks.

And you are the one with the comprehension problem -- Here is the into The Gallop Poll I posted...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The percentage of Americans who blame the Bush administration for the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington has risen from almost a third to almost half over the past four years, a CNN poll released Monday found.

Asked whether they blame the Bush administration for the attacks, 45 percent said either a "great deal" or a "moderate amount," up from 32 percent in a June 2002 CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.

The question of blame for 9/11 is the central issue here. That 45 percent believe Bush is to blame for 9/11 -- and combined with the Rasmussen numbers which held that 86 percent of Republicans don't blame Bush -- well you do the math.

You can keep trying to spin your way out of this but it isn't working.

12. zagoshe

Here is a Harris interactive poll for 2004, which I guess is lying as well. Or in Pastor's world 68 percent is not a significant portion...

"Based on what they were told before 9/11, do you think that the Bush administration . . . ?"

Base: All Adults
    Did all that it could reasonably have been expected to do to prevent the attack
    Total (as a percentage) -- 39%
    Republicans -- 71%
    Democrats -- 16%
    Independents -- 39%

Failed to take steps it could and should have taken
    Total - 43%
    Republicans -- 13%
    Democrats - 68%
    Independents -- 45%

Not sure
    Total - 18 %
    Republicans -- 16 %
    Democrats - 16%
    Independents - 17%

Is 68 percent (a number I'm sure has to be higher) a significant enough portion for you? Is the 84 percent (of Democrats who believe the Bush administration didn't do all it could reasonably do?

Again, stop showing your ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted