1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Queada eating children?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Either Voltaire or Büchner said it best: Revolutions eat their young.

2. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Limbaugh also mentioned photos of said activity at this website. I couldn't find any, simply because my POS computer won't allow me to navigate.

http://www.michaelyon.com/

Take it for what it's worth.

3. Guy --
    A guy chooses to believe bullshit without proof.
    Call it the Judy Miller Defense, if it gets you through the night, but they're both equally culpable. (See also: "Curveball," "Niger uranium documents," "Atta in Prague," "aluminum tubes," "mobile biowarfare labs.")

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Until there is credible firsthand proof of the charge --- and not the dubious claims of an unnamed local Iraqi official --- I cannot believe the claim.

5. Right now, the latest excuse for the clusterfuck is that we're really fighting al Qaeda and not caught in the middle of a civil war set off by our kicking over the hornet's nest. This has been pushed in about seven WH speeches in the past three weeks. Now, suddenly, an atrocity story that advances that meme appears miraculously.
    I do not believe in coincidences any more with these lying weasels.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

You can't navigate it because it's not a real web site. It looks like one of those placeholder sites announcing that the URL is for sale, only sans For Sale signs.

Limbaugh prevaricate? Nah, never happen.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

[​IMG]
    People, this is very serious. Al Qaeda is eating children!

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This is propoganda 101 and anyone who falls for it is lacking brain cells. As mentioned, tales of these types of things are repeated to make the enemy look like bloodsucking minions of evil in nearly every war ever fought.

I'm sure there's stories of Americans eating people too on their side. Doesn't make it any more accurate.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I can see why the lefties won't believe it. The guy is a former Green Beret and he's on the ground in Iraq. They'd much rather get their news filtered through Katie, Brian and ... who is ABC's anchor nowadays? ... and CNN. You know, the DNC anchormen.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

All of which is a roundabout way of saying "I don't believe it either, here's a really stale GOP talking point while I'm here."

12. 2muchcoffeeman

The guy was lied to. He didn't see it himself. He admits it up front.

Draft saved Draft deleted