1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Pacino in talks to star in film version of Joe Pos' Paterno book

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 9, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can't say I didn't see this coming...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-al-pacino-joe-paterno-movie-20120907,0,5210655.story

...and I renew my call (like it matters!) for the author to donate 100 percent of all moneys earned from the movie to a child abuse charity.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Should be Joe Pesci, shouldn't it?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

who plays Sandusky?

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Brent Musburger. :-X

5. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Woody Allen.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

[​IMG]

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, Pos is cashing another huge paycheck.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yep. Most likely, much larger than his book advance.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder if people will see this or if it's something like with the 9/11 movies where people said, "Yeah, I lived through this, I don't need to pay $10 to see it on the screen."

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, doubtful that America will swarm the theaters for that one. The prevailing interest might be to see how Pacino plays Paterno, and he might go over the top with it.

Hoo-ah!

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'll be really surprised if this even sniffs a theater. Who the hell wants to see this? It's a film about a child molester that gets away for it for years because people around him ignore it. Big ending: the molester goes to jail and one of the people who ignored it dies in his 80s. That doesn't exactly have blockbuster written all over it.

And seeing Pacino chew up the scenery as Paterno just sounds awful.

12. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I want to see this with dramatic license in full extent with tons of wild-ass accusations...Paterno ordering a hit on Barry Krause, Paterno offering up Jim Kelly as an LB so Sandusky can prey on him, urinating on a statue of Bear Bryant, secretly fathering Tommy Bowden, doing black-face, kneecapping all of his ex-RBs once they get to the pros, whipping Kerry Collins while screaming "no wire hangars" etc. and etc,..

Draft saved Draft deleted