1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AL MVP - Josh Hamilton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I was thinking the same thing.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Well considering the best America has done in the World Baseball Classic is fourth, but after looking at it, America still does well with the top player awards.

I assumed latin players were doing better with the top awards.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The World basball Classic is a joke, that is all.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I enjoy the heck out of the WBC. There is no ideal time of year for it but it's still a great event.

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Glad I'm not in work today, so I don't have to listen to the Yankee fanboys complain about how Cano was gypped. I got enough of that last week when Hernandez (rightfully) won the Cy Young.
    Disclaimer: I like the Yankees, and I root for them, but their players didn't deserve any of the major awards this year.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I hope Josh doesn't celebrate the way he used to celebrate. His story was probably baseball's feel-good story of the year.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What - you did not feel good after his 2008 season?

Seems like feel good angle should have already left the station.

Choice seems like a no brainer for this seaon.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I love watching the various styles of play of teams in the WBC. Just like World Cup and Olympic basketball.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think Cabrera had a real case. Hamilton had the much higher average, but they still ended up extremely close in OPS, mostly because Cabrera drew a lot more walks. He had significantly more runs, home runs and RBI. Sure, that was mostly because he played more, but the time lost to injury has to count against Hamilton. Cabrera did this despite hitting in the middle of a much weaker lineup and playing his home game in a pitcher's park.

Hamilton has playing for a division winner in his favor, so I can certainly understand giving it to him. But I wouldn't call it a no-brainer.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well it kinda sorta came back this year as a feel good with him very publicly falling off the horse. Coupled with what his manager went through -- It is just good to see both of them getting their lives back together and functioning at the height of their sport.

I like the choice. Still very deserving of the award despite of the missed time, they built that AL West lead with Hamilton and held on without him.

Draft saved Draft deleted