1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Gore's mansion: energy usage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by daemon, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The work is being done by the US Corps of Engineers who do not report to the UN.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Gore needs to do a better job of conservation, no doubt, but he's offsetting what he uses. It's something.

Carbon offsetting will be a tough concept to grasp for a country that can't name, for example, what the 3 branches of government are. We're increasingly a nation of dimwits -- that's a problem for Gore.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Boom, ever green, prepares for his morning commute.

[​IMG]

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The work is being done under the auspices of United Nations Environment Programme.

Japan contributed $11 million to the cause and Italy's Ministry of the Environment has been a driving force along with a bunch of other international group including the U.S Army Corps. But they're not in charge. They're technical advisers.

5. The US military are the ones doing the work.

The UN bolted Iraq as soon as things looked tough. The U.N. Environment Programme may be "over seeing" the restoration of the marsh lands in the same way the the UN approved of the US led invasion of Iraq. It is George Bush and the US military that is making the restoration of the historical Garden of Eden possible. They are the ones who are doing the heavy lifting and taking the risks.

For you to try and glom onto this success on behalf of the UN while at the same time hurling stones at George Bush and the US Iraqi policy at every possible chance is most unseemly but coming from you - not wholly unexpected.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

But since he hates Bush, he's excused.

I'm just thankful every day this putz didn't get the presidency "delivered" to him.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It can't be, the colition is falling apart.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Cite me a source for your information.

And I see you haven't been working on your reading comprehension skills since you've been away.

I wasn't trying to "glom" on to anything the UN has done but the fact is that the restoration of the Iraqi marshlands was a multi-lateral effort by many groups including your US. Army Corps of engineers. I know that flies in the face of your "Mission Accomplished" cowboy mentality but what can you expect from someone who thinks Rumsfeld is The Greatest Fucking Hero in the world.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's the Washington Post! More proof of liberal media bias!

Here's the list of the various groups involved in the restoration.

http://www.edenagain.org/linksgovernment.html

Since March 2003, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) has provided technical assistance to Iraq's Ministry of Water Resources (MoWR) throughout Iraq. Since liberation, a staff of engineers and administrators, led by Dr. Eugene Stakhiv, Mr. Jerry Webb and Dr. Edwin Theriot, have worked tirelessly to help Iraq restore its water resources management capability. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Ministry of Water Resources are jointly developing a hydrologic model of the Tigris and Euphrates basin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.