1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Gore's mansion: energy usage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by daemon, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I was impressed that Gore and Melissa Etheridge refrained from bringing politics into the debate. Still, it doesn't surprise me something like this would come out.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

This is a bogus press release from a fake organization.

Al Gore is the most dangerous man in American right now for the right-wingers. No question he was going to get the Swift Boat treatment.

3. http://wizbangblog.com/2007/02/26/al-gores-own-inconvenient-truth.php

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And if you go to their website, you'll see a learned essay on the dangers of raising the minimum wage.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Gore sounds like Canadian enviro-zealot David Suzuki, who is currently touring the country in a diesel bus while railing against politicians for not doing enough to help the environment blah, blah, blah.....

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm as liberal as they come, and I like Al Gore, but does it really matter the affiliation of the group which released this story? Once again, we're attacking the messenger rather than the message.

If it's true that Gore's house consumes that much electricity, then by all means I call that a real measure of hypocrisy.

But don't take it farther than that. It doesn't mean global warming is a fallacy. It doesn't mean we should turn our backs on conservation efforts. It doesn't mean recycling and reuse is a failure.

It simply means one man isn't living by the words he preaches.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Double J, Dr. Suzuki has been one of the leading environmental spokesperons for the last 30 years. He's devoted his entire professional life to the cause and he's considered one of the world's leading scientists on climate change.

The bus is a non-issue. It's a distraction from say, the Alberta government's unwillingness to address the issue of the environmental impact of developing the oilsands.

And yes, his prosletyzing can be annoying at times.

8. trounced

trounced Active Member

Did the attendees at the Academy Awards arrive in limos? I know they talked about the Oscars going green, I just didn't see how the attendees arrived at the show.

It is pretty funny that GWB's Crawford ranch is a passive-solar house. Even toilet water is recycled at the ranch.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Who wants to call the Nashville Electric Service, the alleged source of the information, and ask if they make it a practice to give out the details of their customers' electric bills?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sounds like someone just nominated himself.

Remember that NAVY stands for Never Again Volunteer Yourself. :D

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What some are attacking is the credibility of the messenger. And if you look at their website, their agenda is pretty clear: pro business, environment and workers be damned. So automatically the bullshit radar comes into play.

And this "*****is a hypocrite" is an old and tired typical right wing response to any issue that they don't really want to address.

12. trounced

trounced Active Member

Are you saying the outlet fabricated the numbers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.