1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Gore will win the presidency

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Nov 9, 2006.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Problem is, Doc, the "Ford lost because of racism charge" isn't because of the ad, which was run once and probably seen by about 147 people before being pulled. The "racism" claims about Ford's loss is that all those white racists wouldn't vote for a black man, so we're actually arguing about a non-issue. Of course, all the whites that would never vote for a black man in the Swann, Blackwell and Steele races, well, they're fine, upstanding people according to the left.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Show me a similar ad the DSCC ran in one of those races, and I'll concede the point.

3. old_tony

You apparently missed the first two sentences of my last post. The left is claiming racism by saying that the hick whities in Tenn. wouldn't vote for a black man. The claims they're making are that, not something based off an ad that A) wasn't racist; and, B) ran once.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Do you know how polling is done?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A) Was racist and if you're denying that you're ignorant of the South
    b) I'll concede to Doc, but I believe it ran more than once.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Tony, first of all, if you don't think there was at least a racial undertone in that ad, then I can't help you. Second, you also know that it ran a hell of a lot more than once, for those in Tennessee who have bothered to watch the news during the last month.

The reason the other three lost was, in addition to what sc said, they were in the wrong party during this election cycle.

Also, do you notice a slight demographical and sociological difference between Tennessee and Ohio, Pennsylvania and Maryland? There probably aren't a whole lot of rebel flags stuck in the rear windows of pickup trucks in those three states. I see at least three or four per day here.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If the DNC brings Al Gore out of whatever warehouse they store him in and runs him in 2008 then they've learned nothing since 2000. He's unelectable. Granted, he's more electable than Kerry but who isn't?

8. old_tony

Amen. But you do know that getting Cs and Ds at Harvard, dropping out of Vanderbilt law school and flunking out of divinity school are signs of Gore's super intellect and are to be admired if you listen to the lefties here.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Can't be much better than getting Cs and Ds at Yale. ::)

The difference is, Gore's done something with his life after he grew up. Bush, meanwhile, has failed at every post he's ever held. I mean, my god, how could you possibly trade away Sammy Sosa?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey screw you libbie!! Harold Baines ended up with almost 3,000 hits!

11. old_tony

Yet somehow the left believes that Bush's Bs and Cs are a sign he's an idiot and Gore's Cs and Ds are a sign he's a genius.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Democrats believe Harold Baines is a HOFer.

Draft saved Draft deleted