1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Gore is smarter than the average politician

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 23, 2007.

1. No, considering that his brother was the governor and his campaign manager was the secretary of state, I think we could have hung that one on W.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Can we expect America's ABL, Rosie O', to be his campaign manager? That would certainly repave the way for Che.

3. The Stupid Train is right on time.

[​IMG]

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Total number of votes doesn't necessarily matter.

What matters is 1) if a state was close enough for the third-party's votes to have tipped the balance and 2) if the election was close enough for that one state (or two or three) to make a difference.

We KNOW Florida was close enough in 2000. And we know the electoral race was close enough in 2000. I have no idea how close the closest Clinton victory states were in 1992 or 1996 . . . and I'm not going to look up his electoral victory margin.

Possibly . . . but I wouldn't make that argument until I saw how many votes Buchanan got vs. Nader.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No it was the evil people who made the ballot in South Florida's precincts-- one I might add that a well-trained monkey could figure out -- too hard for Democrats to vote for the right guy.....

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Gore is on The Daily Show right now.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

[​IMG]

What a guy!

8. Perot, for all his faults, ran a campaign on issues, even when he dropped out and came back, which to this day, I do not understand. Nader's campaign was all about ideological purity and, ultimately, pure vanity.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

For someone who is supposedly so brilliant, he ran one of the worst campaigns ever in 2000... All he had to do was not fuck up royally and he would have been president...

Brilliant politicians can win their home state... Hell, even Walter Mondale did that...

10. And, let us not forget, that the people covering the campaign in 2000 did one of the worst jobs in the history of any kind of journalism.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Would you people get off this "home state" crap. Every state is different. Most are a shade of purple. But a few are simply blue and red and will not change any time in the near future.

Mitt Romney has zero --- zero--- chance of winning Massachusetts.

Even today, Gore would have zero chance of winning Tennessee.

Massachusetts is too blue. Tennessee is too red.

And there's nothing the "brilliance" of either candidate can do about it.

12. Rudy Giuliani and New York?
    Mitt and Massachusetts?
    To be fair, Edwards and NC?
    It's really not much of a metric.

Draft saved Draft deleted