1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Gore is smarter than the average politician

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 23, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And Gore would have been president if he acted like he's acting now -- actually, you know, showing personality and passion. Instead, he took his marching orders from Bob Shrum, who has proved time and time again he shouldn't be allowed within three zip codes of a presidential candidate with pretensions of victory.

And Jimmy? He'd of handled 9/11 like anybody with a modicum of sense: attack the people who attacked us, spend time, money and effort rooting out our real enemies and not take his eye off the ball on ill-conceived flights of neocon fantasy.

2. boots

boots New Member

No doubt. If you can't hold home turf, you can't be president.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So he's got the yips.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just don't see anything in the historical record of Carter's adminstration to support that. But I am open to persuasion, which is more than you can say about a lot of posters on these kinds of topics.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I was referring to Al Gore, HH, addressing JimmyMcd

But your open mind is refreshing.

6. And, if it had been revealed that Gore had been handed a PDB entitled, "bin Laden Determined To Attack In US," and hadn't read it, Tom Delay would have had a bill of impeachment at the speaker's rostrum by nightfall.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That will come as a disappointment to Mitt Romney, who has no chance of winning Massachusetts.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I blame it all on the most egotistical asshole in the history of presidential politics, Ralph Nader. His campaign was built on the premise that there was no basic difference between Bush & Gore. Biggest. Misjudgement. Ever.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Or Rudy Giuliani, who's about 10 points down in New York.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Ralph Nadar was right.

11. Very hard to argue with this.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Let's see.

125 million voters x .29 = 36,250,000.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted