1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Campanis, Michael Richards, John Mayer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I imagine Waylon's thread title was tongue-in-cheek, as was Mizzou's Schott comparison. He dropped one N-bomb, and did so in quoting an Urban-Dictionary-style phrase. Not that big a deal.

2. He addressed this line of thinking. Just because he wants to have sex with Jessica Simpson doesn't also mean that he welcomes the fame that comes with it. He just wants to have sex with Jessica Simpson.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

What's-his-name from Grey's Anatomy would probably disagree.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I am hardly a fan, but the funny thing is for some stupid reason people care about what he says, thinks. If he wasn't popular, no one would write about him or photograph him. Apparently, he still has buzz which means there's an audience. He does not need to get over himself, the audience needs to; then he'll just become David Cassidy and come back 25 years from now in Celebrity Band or something like that.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

If you read the interview (or the highlights), it's for good reasons that he wants to have sex with Jessica Simpson.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Isaiah Washington was a bit actor who got lucky on Grey's until he couldn't shut the fuck up.

Mayer's a big-name celebrity who hates TMZ, ET, and the paparazzi hounding him.

Plus, dude doesn't want to be tied down in dating or serious relationships.

BTW, is it me or is everyone getting tired of "poor Jennifer"? I'm sick and tired of the sympathy votes for her.

Yeah, she's cute, but that's it in my book.

There's something about her that, for some reason, have turned Mayer and Brad Pitt off.

Or maybe she needs to stop looking for a date/mate, and live her damn life.
    Nobody cares if she has a beau or not.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

If he really hated all the attention, he wouldn't have basically hosted an episode of TMZ a year or two back, he wouldn't be Tweeting his every piss, fart and shit and he wouldn't, as Mizzou notes, be dating/screwing the hottest women in Hollywood.

He loves every second of it and is smart enough to know that pretending to dislike it is even better than outwardly embracing it.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

By the way, is it just me, or does describing someone as 'sexual napalm' not exactly sound like a compliment?

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Yes, he hates the publicity.

[​IMG]

He's a regular JD Salinger.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Aniston has seemed very unlikable dating back to when she was seeing Vince Vaughn.

Always seemed bitchy and standoffish.

Still ridiculously hot. Very overrated as an actress.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

John Mayer: Insanely talented guitarist who hasn't done shit with all his gifts.

He's the equivalent of a chef at a five-star restaurant settling for work at a McDonald's for his entire life.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

His instrumental version of "Human Nature" at the Michael Jackson memorial service was outstanding:

Draft saved Draft deleted