1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Campanis, Michael Richards, John Mayer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nice quote here:

The remark didn't wash with his 3 million Twitter followers. After one fan Tweeted that Mayer should enter rehab, the singer responded, "they don't make rehab centers for being an a-hole."

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

If he never had another hit again, and everybody just kind of forgot about him, I would be okay with that.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy shit, that one would have been out of Yellowstone.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't get Rolling Stone anymore, but a friend said the Mayer interview would do for him what SI did for Marge Schott.

The guy just seems like a colossal douche. It's one thing to have slept with half of Hollywood, it's another to talk about it and it's a whole different level to make fun of them.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Mayer's pretty troubled, for one thing, on drugs for another, and, would you believe it, nicer than you might expect.

He is deeply, profoundly uncomfortable with his popularity. Which is fine until he makes an album like his last one, that stinks to high heaven.

8. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

awesome.

mayer is a first class douche rocket.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He doesn't seem uncomfortable. If he wanted to hide to keep a low profile he would stay away from Hollywood, People Magazine and TMZ. He thinks he is smarter than most and it has finally bit him in the ass. He has always come across as a smarmy douchebag.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Who's John Mayer? And I speak for many of us.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

For someone who is profoundly uncomfortable with his popularity, he's pretty willing to date some of the most famous women in the world.

Don't like fame, pass on going to the Oscars with Jennifer Aniston.

Draft saved Draft deleted