1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al and Tipper to split

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm thinking an inconvenient truth was recently exposed

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am truly sad for them.

But I am super glad that a "great deal of thought and discussion" went into the decision to separate.

Most people just flip a coin, you know?

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

"No Springsteen leaves this house!!! You can have all the Carly Simons."

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I think Al will be able to use the infamous 'hockey stick' graph to describe his alimony payments from here on out.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Weeks after celebrating the 40th....

I understand it. You get married, have kids, they get married, you have grandkids....couples hit a wall once the distractions are out of the way. They either say screw it I want something different or figure they'll play it out.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Or ... after considerable thought and discussion, Al decided to bang an intern. And Tipper made a mutual and mutually supportive decision that he should go to hell, following a process of long and careful consideration.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Never saw this one coming.

As surprised as I am by this, you've got to wonder. I'll be curious to see if they announced this to get ahead of a tabloid story.

If they wanted to burry the story, they would have announced it on the Friday before Memorial Day (like the Sestak memo), not the day everybody is back to work.

Don't you just hate these announcements?

Sure. This all occurred after calm, reasoned, logical discussions. And they both came to the same, obvious conclusion.

There was no yelling or screaming, no fights, just thought and discussion.

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I am impressed with the number of PMRC refences on this thread given that was 20+ years ago. Nice work.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Shit, back then Al Gore was a pro-life, Southern Democrat whose wife was going up against the entertainment industry.

A lot has changed since then.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Al's record collection is coming out of the basement.

[​IMG]

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I had heard that there are an increasing number of older couples deciding to divorce. Not as much of a stigma as 20-30 years ago, kids are out of the house, different interests, ect. Still sad to see.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Agree. Figure most couples maybe spend five or six hours a day together on the weekdays during their working years, kids take up a bunch of that. You go from that to 24/7 - it's a big adjustment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.