1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AJC's revamp results

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SixToe, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

FWIW, I think they have done a good job on the post-Chris Benoit stuff. Might not be Ramos' turf, but still ...

rb

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Steve Hummer doesn't write a column anymore? I haven't looked at the AJC in a while, but he was always my favorite read.

3. MMatt60

MMatt60 Member

Also, to clarify: My original point was at the beginning of the re-org, the AJC said there would be no traditional sports editor, and I believe that young Ramos was given a non-sports job, some kind of administrative gig. Then he moved back to sports and apparently added features to his portfolio.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

RE: Investigations

You're right, because that Michael Vick thing — the Falcons were just releasing it, right?

5. samhuff

samhuff New Member

ESPN and the Virginia papers and TV stations dominated Vick.

And Benoit was done by a former sports staffer but not a current one.

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

samhuff, I wasn't specifically referring to the AJC and an investigative team.

I have no clue if it has one or not. My reference was about papers in general.

Draft saved Draft deleted