1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AJC

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by miamiheraldchick, May 5, 2007.

1. Hi. Anyone heard any updates on how Atlanta is reorganizing?

I'd like to think the AJC will do something interesting and now just create new titles.

2. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

I've heard the AJC is doing away with NASCAR as a full-time beat....

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No shit... that;s huge

4. Maybe less golf, too.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That makes sense. Cut sports that are really popular in your market. Honestly, I believe the dream of all newspaper owners is to sell AP to Google, divvy up the money, and shut down those pesky publishing operations.

6. Cox seems pretty rational in Austin and West Palm Beach. Less so in Dayton and now Atlanta.

Sources tell me AJC also is getting rid of the sports editor position. Can't figure that one out. They hired a great guy just three or four years ago...

7. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Well, to be fair, SE is really one of those fringe positions that isn't really needed. Seriously, can't the department just run itself?

8. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

WOW. That just drips with Blue Note...

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm surprised they still cover the Thrashers at all... They'd be fools to stop covering NASCAR as much since people down there actually care...

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Now they cover Dixie like a June snowfall

11. KG

KG Active Member

As in Dixie Speedway?

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

No. As in, that was a figure of speech. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted