1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AJC Colleges Editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Can't find the original thread.

College editor job at AJC goes to Doug Roberson, currently the very fine SE at the very fine Newport News (Va.) Daily Press.

Doug is a fine guy who does an excellent job. The hire has the Moddy Gold Seal of Approval (that's as high as I give).

And, yes, I suspect Newport News will be looking for an SE.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Lazy bum. ;)

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/42657/

Nice hire.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It wasn't being lazy, it was being stupid!
    Anyway, Doug's new job deserves a thread of its own.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed, it does. Unless they do what seems to be the trend: Promoting from within.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Congrats to Doug. He has used me a couple times as a stringer and always has been a gentleman.

6. koolbreeze

koolbreeze Member

Congrats and best wishes to Doug!

7. I've never hid how much of a fan I am of my man Doug. Congrats to a fine editor and a finer person.

8. GeorgeScott

GeorgeScott Member

Doug is tremendous. Great guy, wonderful leader. Good luck in Atlanta. You'll enjoy the great Steve Hummer there, too. Doug and Steve will enjoy tossing back a few.

Anybody know if Ray Cox is still in Atlanta?

9. Mike Knobler

Mike Knobler New Member

Glad to read all the positive reviews of the new boss.

I, too, am a big Steve Hummer fan, though under our current structure Steve works in a different department (enterprise) than the one in which Doug and I work (news and information). (Trust me, you don't want to know the details behind that distinction.)

Ray Cox is director of project management at The AJC. That is not to be confused with director of project reporting.

http://cache.zoominfo.com/CachedPage/?archive_id=0&page_id=1990327738&page_url=%2f%2fwww.ajc.com%2fbusiness%2fcontent%2fprintedition%2f2007%2f05%2f06%2fsbiznewsmakers0506a.html&page_last_updated=5%2f6%2f2007+9%3a32%3a49+PM&firstName=Ray&lastName=Cox

10. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

In the spirit of the conversation, what is Ronnie Ramos doing these days?

11. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

i thought he was given some crazy new title. Not sure what his job exactly entails though.

12. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Hummer is a great guy...had a few good laughs with him back in my Falcons days many years ago now. You're getting a good one in Roberson. My SE dealings back and forth with him were always super. You can't work with him, can't work with anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted