1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AJC and Hartford Courant not covering Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 27, 2009.

1. derwood

derwood Active Member

Wow.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Eleven people at the Super Bowl? That's absurd.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder what is considered more important for the AJC, APSE Conventions or the Super Bowl?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

At my first paper, I was one of 27 people sent to the game when the local team went. That did not include photographers.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's probably part of our problem.

There's no reason to have that many people at the Super Bowl unless your own team is in it.

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Buffalo has two. Their columnist is live-blogging from a Super Bowl party back home. (I suspect it will be more entertaining than his live-blog from the press box would have been, although one of the beat guys will probably do one.)

Agree that 11 seems a little much, but to see one of Van McKenzie's former shops not send ANYONE? File under, "Never thought I'd see the day ..."
    Looks like Steve Wyche made the right call by jumping to NFL.com when he did.

7. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Nah, won't work. The IRS will go pounding on doors looking to collect gift taxes. [/crossthread]

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This is like wondering why the cancer patient can't come and play hoops.

Atlanta has no great affection for pro football. The Cardinals being in the game is reason enough not to send anybody.

9. micke77

micke77 Member

Bubbler is right.. probably part of our problem is sending, what, 11 to cover The Most Overhyped Event in Sports History. And 27 by one paper one year? Geez, did they assign one writer to write about the daily bowel movements of the star players? And we wonder why we're tired of the game by the time it gets here.

10. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I'm with most of you that 11 is overkill, but I am as stunned as Mizzou that the AJC didn't send even one.

11. micke77

micke77 Member

yea, they should have at least one guy there.
    shocking.

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

beyond cheap, AJC

just fuckin' stupid

Draft saved Draft deleted