1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Airport suggestions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bumpy mcgee, Oct 14, 2009.

1. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Am travelling this week for an out of town wedding, need magazine/book advice for multiple flights, layovers and hanging out in a hotel room while old lady mcgee does the bridesmaid stuff. any suggestions?
    And while I hate to look like an internet dater here goes:
    I like bios, history, music, sports and humor so any suggestions in those categories is a good suggestion, long walks on the beach no needed.
    Oh and by the way, please stay away sci-fi nerds. (just kidding)

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Look above you. There's like a six gallion page books thread. My guess is you'll find something there.

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Avoid Airport '79: The Concorde at all costs. Airport '77 is somewhat interesting.

TRIVIA: George Kennedy is the only actor to appear in all four Airport movies.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Don't have a wide stance.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Penthouse. Jerry reads it at the dentist.

6. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I was hoping to go with the Marge Simpson Playboy, but it has yet to arrive on news stands.

7. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Come on, Airport '79 has one of the best cheesy movie lines of all time in it: "They don't call it the cockpit for nothing sweetheart."

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

George Kennedy is still alive.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Recently read Mark Bowden's "The Greatest Game Ever" about the 1959 NFL championship game and am in the first 100 pages of Michael Rosenberg's "War as They Knew It" about Hayes, Schembeckler, the counterculture at Ohio State and Michigan, Vietnam, protests, etc. I enjoyed the first and am enjoying the second.

And George Kennedy's guest appearance on "Wings" back in the day was outstanding. Buy that on DVD or something.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Buy a Matt Taibbi book.

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I thought you might enjoy this movie since you like history, music, and humor.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Drip

Drip Active Member

To pass the time, I always take a spool of thread, tie it to a dollar bill, and watch people try to catch it. Lots of fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted