1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Airport security, just in time for Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HackyMcHack, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would bet they would walk away with hundreds of dollars of cologne, perfume, wine, makeup, lotion every shift. My wife got a Lancome gift set for her birthday. A relative thrust it into her hands as we were leaving for the airport. They made her unwrap it and then they confiscated it.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You must not have been flying United. I think they teach them to act like assholes.

3. Mizzougrad96

The screeners make decent money. I think they start at $15-$17 an hour. They put them through what is supposed to be extensive training and yet we get a bunch of morons who I wouldn't hire to work at Taco Bell.

I would follow the Israeli model. When the most targeted country in the world has never had one of their planes attacked, that speaks volumes. I'll bet if you sent three people with weapons or explosives through TSA, I'd bet two would make it through without getting caught.

4. Mizzougrad96

United is the worst by far. I've been praying for that airline to fold for about a decade now. I would rather fly a non-direct flight on another airline than a non-stop on United.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in Britain they are protecting travelers by arresting a guy who joked on Twitter about blowing up the airport if it didn't reopen in time for him to catch his flight. Thousands are protesting on Twitter by posting similar things. None of them will be arrested.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_britain_twitter_threat

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

American

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Unless their name is Mohamed.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is TSA hiring?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We have 35,000 commercial flights PER DAY in this country.

Praising the fact that they've never been attacked is like praising the person who is 8 for 8 from the free throw line, while telling the person who's 436 for 437 that he needs to do better.

We really have to stop comparing the things we do to countries the size of Massachusetts.

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Absolutely true. Last week, as I'm waiting in line behind half a dozen idiots who need four bins each, I thought to myself, I could pick up and move from one house to another and I wouldn't be taking this much crap with me.

11. I guess I am one of those idiots. . . but to be fair, if you have a laptop as one of your carryons, that is two bins right there. They always make me put the bag in one bin, and the computer in another. Then a third for the shoes/belt/keys/whateverey make you take off, and if you have a jacket of any kind on, that has to go in a fourth. It's not like I want to take up four bins, I could fit it all in two, but they won't let me.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I vote for banning muslims from flying.That will minimize security risks.

Draft saved Draft deleted