1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Airport Security - Ion Blast Screening

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 7, 2006.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The only place I've dealt with one of these was at the CN Tower. It was funny to watch my wife going through it, but it did feel weird.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I go through it in Pittsburgh every chance I get for the simple reason it keeps me from having to take my shoes off, which ends up being the most time-consuming part of airport security. Also, you still do have to go through a metal detector, so basically, the only screening this one adds is for explosive traces.
    trifectarich, you probably went through the other checkpoint they opened up there in what used to be the commuter terminal. Yes, it's a long walk, however, during the peak morning rush, you will spend no more than 5 minutes waiting instead of 20-30.

3. Mutah

Mutah Member

and to pick a further nit, you're unwillingly being blasted with ions as you read this. we all are. ions are everywhere.
    now, the really dreadful thing is when you have ians unwillingly forced upon you.
    [​IMG]

4. T2

T2 Member

I still have to take off my shoes before going through a metal detector because the shoes have metal in them.  So this wouldn't help me, unless the "puffer" line was significantly shorter.

Draft saved Draft deleted