1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Air Marshals Stop Shoe Bomber II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Apr 7, 2010.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I was under the impression if it had to do with military intelligence or putting the country at risk, diplomatic immunity could be waived. Not for murder or spousal abuse or excessive parking tickets of course. I could be wrong.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think you're right, but if what he was did was smoke a cigaret in the bathroom and make a wise ass comment to the Air Marshall, then he's an asshole, but at most he'll just be kicked out of the country.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I guess it won't be long before we're flying naked.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If this dude is important enough to get diplomatic immunity, shouldn't he also be smart enough to know you can't smoke in the bathroom of a flight over U.S. airspace? This was, to say the least, ill-advised.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm sure he's smart enough to know better. I'm also sure he didn't give a flying fuck because he knew they couldn't do anything to him.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The moron has been released from custody.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Smokers might be the only people with lower approval rating than terrorists.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Does this mean the smokers have won?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Guy's got diplomatic immunity.

Fine, then let him go after beating his ass in an empty room a few times. Let him try to sue the police. Bring up the 'shoe joke' in court. No jury will award him anything.

11. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

If I'm not mistaken, the next line - delivered bad-assedly -- was "It's been revoked!" Kablam!

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Qatar Hero has either been expelled from the country or withdrawn by his government. Either way, he's gonzo.

Draft saved Draft deleted