1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Air France flight disappears

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jun 1, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It was suggested on here that we should not unless Americans were on the plane.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's right. And if no Americans were onboard...well, tough shit. We have enough of our own problems to worry about.

And the "as human beings, we help them" crap.......get real. Wake up.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

We have more resources than the Brazilians and the French and the Senegalese (?) will ever dream of. Provide it if asked.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'd be more inclined to help if there was a real chance of survivors. As far as I understand the situation, there is not.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/06/01/air.france.brazil/index.html

"The airline company identified the nationalities of the victims as two Americans, an Argentinean, an Austrian, a Belgian, 58 Brazilians, five British, a Canadian, nine Chinese, a Croatian, a Dane, a Dutch, an Estonian, a Filipino, 61 French, a Gambian, 26 Germans, four Hungarians, three Irish, one Icelandic, nine Italians, five Lebanese, two Moroccans, three Norwegians, two Polish, one Romanian, one Russian, three Slovakian, two Spanish, one Swedish, six Swiss and one Turk."

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's Argentine not Argentinean [/pet peeve]

Pretty international looking flight there.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I blame Charles Whitmore.

Too soon?

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel better, I was thinking along the same lines.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

We absolutely should volunteer our help, regardless, but especially if any American airline companies use similar planes. Maybe we could learn something to prevent a similar outcome in the future. I know we might not find much (or anything) out in the Atlantic, but it's worth a shot.

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I read a story that noted 82 different airlines around the world fly this kind of plane, so chances are, one is over your house right now.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Damn good planes, too. And odds are, much younger than the MD -88s or Boeing 7X7s you're probably flying the majority of the time.

I've got no problem with helping out, but as mentioned by others, with the depth of the water and shifting tide, this sure seems like it's going to be a futile effort.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Fuck the French.

Draft saved Draft deleted