1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Air F**K One

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Didn't you get the memo -- the WNBA is an unallowable topic at SportsJournalists.com

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

WNBA:

W***lway

Not

Be

Allowed.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

People are taking the WNBA ads to heart and not watching. The Sparks-Mystics got a national 0.7 with no basketball competition.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not to continue the thread jack, but why do some of you revel in the WNBA's failure?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I was one of them for a half. Wanted to see VCU's first WNBA player. She got in for five minutes.

6. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

hell, I've known one of the league's best players since she was 15 and I won't watch unless she's playing.
    but back to bill — didn't know Purdum was married to Dee Dee until his disclaimer. Still not a very big fan of "those close to" and "insiders say" without a name being attached and so few people actually going on the record to say anything worth a damn.
    Bill is sharp and has a tremendous intellect. But his moral compass points straight down to Mr. Happy.
    so after 8 years of him, we got George. Hmmm. I'll admit I voted for W twice. Doesn't say much for the choices we had in 00 or 04.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That's one way of looking at it. The other way of looking at it is that you have poor judgment.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

This is all very holier than thou.

Many of us... maybe even most... have our morality majorly affected by sheer animal attraction.

And, since the rock star thread is dying.... I'd definitely cut a hole in a sheet if Gina Gershon wanted me to.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'll give you 2000, I really will.

But voting for him in 2004 was patently moronic and puts a lot of blood on your hands.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My problem with the Purdum piece is that it is so heavily sourced with unnamed people. Even a second hand anecdote from another unnamed person regarding concern with Clinton's "activities."
    Clinton got GQ to spike a story last year about the HRC's campaign, clearly his influence is on the wane and he doesn't like it. I doubt he'll be treated with the same reverence ever again.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We're just bustin' their balls.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, busting their balls for having a terribly inferior product. And they even admit it by using a smaller basketball than the men do. If they want to do that, they should also use a smaller hoop.

Draft saved Draft deleted