1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ain't No Rug Big Enough, Johnny Mac

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That cartoon should hang at about 50 feet by a hundred in the Denver arena during the convention

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not that Fred Thompson wasn't DOA in this year's race, from the get-go, but photos of that happy couple surely didn't swing many swing primary votes his way.

3. Simon_Cowbell

what he said

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

If it happened like 100 years ago? Nah, not really.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Or, in this case, around 40 years?

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Uh, huh.

Still . . . shit moves tend not to get any less shittier, with age.

7. Simon_Cowbell

C-h-a-p-p-a-q-u-i-d-d-i-c-k

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

True, dat.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Sure they do. I mean, seriously ... how can you hold anything against anyone 30 years later? It's not like he killed anyone.

Thirty years is a long time. People change. Apparently, the wife he divorced has let it go. You probably should too.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Well, you got me there. LOL.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Meh. She (the former Missus) isn't pissed, so why should we be? I would think many a POW changed drastically upon their return. Now, I have to admit that Perot's emnity gives me pause. Wonder what the full story there is - was there a single event that killed the friendship?

Also, the absence of McCain's older kids in this article and the campaign at large is starting to feel conspicuous, no?

BTW, someone took me to task in a IM about something I posted before. I said JMac had done nothing wrong visa vis the Keating Five. Actually, the ethics commission didn't say that, just that there was nothing that rose to the level of actionable. A small distinction, I know, but correct.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He dove for the main chance. Mucho opportunistic. Speaks volumes.

Draft saved Draft deleted