1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ain't No Rug Big Enough, Johnny Mac

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Bet the Mrs. loves that.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You mean liberal Hollywood is overwhelmingly backing the democratic nominee for president?

That's sure to help.

Sincerely,

Michael Dukakis, John Kerry, Al Gore and Walter Mondale

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Didn't this happen like, 120 years ago?

Seriously, McCain is 71 years old. I don't care if he once killed a drifter, I'm not going to hold something over his head that happened when he was 40.

People change over the course of three decades.

4. Mizzougrad96

I'm not justifying what he did. But there is a reason this story is in the UK papers. Nobody here cares.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Hell, I'll justify it. Have you see Cindy McCain? I'll bet she was a hottie 30 years ago. Rawr!

6. But, but, Lewinsky! And Chappaquiddick! /conservatives

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Christ ... Teddy K basically killed some poor girl. Not the same thing.

8. Mizzougrad96

OK, cheating on your wife in the Oval Office with a girl young enough to be his daughter and driving a woman off a bridge and leaving her there to die are both about 1,000X worse than anything McCain has done.

9. If Ted did what he is accused of, I agree, way worse.
    Clinton, I dunno, that's definitely in the same ballpark.
    But my point is, conservatives go for those two events and often say things like, "I want a good man in the White House."
    What I want is a good president, period. I don't care if he's a slimeball if he can get the job done.
    I'm obviously voting for Obama, but it has nothing to do with this McCain deal. It has everything to do with their political ideas.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I'm not even really a big McCain guy ... but I will say, I can forgive a man almost anything that happened 30 years ago.

11. Mizzougrad96

My biggest issue with Clinton is that he did it while in the White House. You'd think people would behave when they're running the free world.

Oh well...

12. This will sound sarcastic, but I'm asking this honestly -- your issue with Clinton is not the cheating on his wife or even lying about it, but that he got the BJ while in the White House?

Draft saved Draft deleted