1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AIM and you: What's your progression?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, May 3, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I've had AIM for at least 10 years, but now almost everyone I talk to is away when I'm around. The names are still there, but they're rarely on and if they are, they're away. Life goes on.

2. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

I'm not real chatty, anyway....so most of the time, I don't even bother signing on to AOL (even though I'm a subscriber)...began to get too many IM's on deadline (actually, one is too many, but it was more than that)...I have never received or sent a text message in my life...wouldn't know how....

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I know, dude. I couldn't believe she only paid $3, either.

4. AIM is how I talk to folks from college and my friends in the journalism biz who aren't local. I rarely use it for anything more but AIM's been pretty good to me.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think you're one of the three or four people I've spoken to on AIM in the last couple weeks. With Gmail being hooked up with AIM, I talk to one more person than usual. And, yes, IJAG: That post was partially written because I often forget we're talking. It's a horrible habit, and it hurts people I'd rather not hurt. But it happens because I'm a moron.

At least I talk to you, though. Look what I've done to Doc.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

See, IJAG?

8. jmm1412

jmm1412 Member

I actually use AIM on the desk at work. We use it as a means to communicate with photographers when they're at games on assignment. We tell them the kinds of stuff we're looking for. "Could really use something of the pregame ceremony for notes."

They tell us what stuff they're transmitting. "I have a tight vertical of Blahblah Blah hitting the 3 with a minute left." It works pretty well.

But in my outside world, nah, I don't use it anymore.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Here I am, sitting at home, waiting for Mikey to message me. Nothing. :(

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe spup will, if she's not busy messaging that other person on Yahoo.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm watching the commentary on Boy. Enjoy your way.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

She doesn't want to talk to you right now, dools. Deal with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted