1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AHN Media

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jrw, May 10, 2010.

1. jrw

jrw Member

Anybody have an info on AHN (All Headline News)? I'm not sure if they're a real news site or not. I read up on them and noticed they had writers pulling headlines from the AP for their articles. Have they changed at all since then?

I'm just trying to get a feel for the company and the writers they employ. Any insight or past stories about them would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. jrw

jrw Member

The sound of silence is enough for me! I'm pretty sure I won't be giving this guy from AHN a call back. I checked previous posts on here and noticed these guys tend to be shady.

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

AHN is as shady as a grove of willow trees. Bounced checks, staff not getting paid, staff being lied to about why they didn't get paid. I could go on.

Throw in the AP lawsuit a couple of years ago (headlines weren't the only thing writers were encouraged to "lift")

You want more scoop, PM me. Search for them of "Rip Off Report" and you can learn more.

I am amazed this place is still in business.

4. jrw

jrw Member

The "Rip off Report" gave me all I needed regarding AHN's reputation. Thanks so much for pointing that out to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted