1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ahhh, youth swim coaches

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spikechiquet, Oct 31, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The only things worse than youth swim coaches are youth gymnastics coaches and explosive diarrhea.

2. KP

KP Active Member

What day does it come out? [/cheap fucking parent]

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I despite that "they try just as hard as (fill in the blank)..."

I'll repeat my favorite line in that regard: I try very hard to be Jim Murray and Dave Anderson. Doesn't anyone's going to give me a Pulitzer.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

So the truth comes out...

Per an e-mail sent to me last night:

"Spike,
    This is per our phone convertion and talking with Mr. Pub.
    Let me know if this works for you--Thanks so much--
    It really means alot to these kids and they work hard.
    I will make sure the parents know and hopefully your subscriptions increase because of this....
    Thank you,
    Proud mom of 2 youth swimmers
    "Coach of swim team""

Soooo, she wasn't a concerned COACH!!! She was a concerned PARENT that coaches the team.

And yeah, I can't wait for the other four parents to buy a copy of the paper (they sent a pic of the team, six kids...SIX! And of course she is the mom of two of them! Wow! What a financial windfall!!! FOUR "potential" new subs. Yiipe Ki-frickin-Do. All that headache for this! I hate swimming.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And where's your cut?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So is she hot?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

One of the kids named Stacy?

8. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

I like the idea of season's previews for sports writers. Get to know the guys covering your team. That sounds so Gannett. Get a photo shoot of all the beautiful people on the staff.

JRC would then copy, but the sportswriter that appears in your local paper will actually be from Saratoga. Synergy is great.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Not sure if she has it going on...and of course, she is cheap and doesn't want to buy the ad space...just submitted info.
    I'm sooo, going to fuck with it when I run it. *cue evil laugh*

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Just say no to calling these people back. If they do not want to let me know what is on their mind on the message, fuck em. I'm not walking into a parent trap.

11. KP

KP Active Member

With little bios. That way we can put down that we dislike all the schools we cover and cheer in the shop when they lose in the tournament.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which I hate more... the youth swim coaches who report their meets and include the kids who finish fifth, expecting their names to get in the paper because they helped their team score points OR the youth soccer and football coaches who list the kids who played "good defense" to get their names in the paper (or for soccer list the names of all six kids who scored a goal and the other 5 who had assists)

Draft saved Draft deleted