1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ah....the fun and frivolity of Little League Baseball......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Umpiring a 9-year old State Baseball Tournament.

Kid strikes out for third out of inning, goes into the dugout.....assistant coach in the dugout says he throws his helmet.....kids mom, who happens to be behind the dugout, says he didn't, that he knows better than to do that.......assistant coach says ok.....

kids dad starts yapping that the assistant coach doesn't need to be saying anything, keep his mouth shut, etc, etc.........assistant coach goes out of the dugout to talk to him.....dad meets him at the edge of the dugout....WHAM!......dad lands a haymaker straight to the nose....blood everywhere.....

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hope dad enjoyed the game, because if I'm running the tournament, that's the last game he'll see.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yeah. In the words of Hawk Harrelson....."he gone."

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am sure that there's an algorithm out there that shows the level of parent craziness with youth baseball is greatest the younger the kids are. Weird dynamic.

5. Gone! I hope he was arrested! Geez.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

One could argue the existence of a state tournament for 9-year-olds is crazy in and of itself.

7. Yes, one could. And I hope he was arrested.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Indeed, yes. When I've coached, if I see an upset parent coming toward me, I feel like I have to be like at a cop at a routine traffic stop: be ready for anything not-so-routine to happen.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I bet that dad was really proud of himself.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You only write about us when we are assaulting coaches!

11. Sadly, he prolly was... Mom too!

12. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

Now the kid has picked up it's OK to deck someone when you're pissed. Better watch your back there, Chef. A pissed off 9 year old with a baseball bat could be dangerous.

Draft saved Draft deleted