1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ah, Cowherd

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Finally, something Mizzou and I can agree on.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He's tolerable during college football season but is at a loss to fill the other eight months. A couple weeks ago he gave his five upsets for the upcoming season. Dude, no one can digest that in early June.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I feel dirty when I listen to Cowherd.

One of my friends said, "He just sounds like a date-rapist."

4. Mizzougrad96

It's easy to unite in our hatred of Cowherd. :D

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Good God. That whole rant sounds like worst angry drunk ever. Or someone strung out on coke.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The show openly degrades women.

7. Mizzougrad96

Based on the things he's said about interns and other women who work on the show I'm surprised there haven't been countless sexual harrassment lawsuits.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There are better people in the radio biz to steal shtick from than Tom Leykis. I'd say bitter, angry white guy talk doesn't work on the radio, but I know better.

9. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I think women working at ESPN have to take a number, a la the deli counter, to file a sexual harassment lawsuit. And it's a looong line.

10. Mizzougrad96

Well, we both know it does. Where I take issue is when the misogyny is thrown in there.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He used to have a pretty good show, now I feel like a therapist when I'm listening to it (when I listen to it).

12. Mizzougrad96

I agree with the assessment that he's better during college football season and when I say better, I mean, not the douchiest person on the planet.

Draft saved Draft deleted