1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ah coffee ... still good for you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, May 18, 2009.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

My company no longer offers coffee, yay! Costs too much they say. Losing money they say. Bring my own now.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Ah coffee ... nectar of the Gods. BTW Ryan, after that Waffle House thread last week, we stopped by an IHOP and had breakfast the other day. It puts WH to shame!

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I enjoy both places for the food. Maybe I enjoy WH a little more because it's not exactly your typical sit-down restaurant. I suppose I like the redneck aspect of it since I grew up in the country. Who knows. I also like watching people cook the food.

Coffee? I'll take IHOP over WH every time.

I can stand 7-Eleven coffee every now and then. Sheetz ain't bad, either.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking. That can't be good for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Chef

Chef Active Member

On an average day, I'll go through two pots. Extra-long or busy days, 3 pots.

6. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Well, that's good news. You could set your clock by my coffee intake. A cup or two in the morning before work, then one at 10 a.m., then another at around 2 p.m. Occasionally another at 4 or 5 if I've got a reason to be up and at 'em in the evening. Soda just doesn't do it for me, as far as a caffeine jolt goes, and stuff like Red Bull gives me a head ache. I've finally trained myself to drink coffee black, which seems to give you a stronger kick (and I suspect it's helped me lose a few pounds).

My first minimum wage slave job was at a coffee shop. The employees could swill as much as they wanted for free. I wasn't a big coffee drinker prior to that, but I left an addict. :) Fun times, those. The smell of that place alone made it a joy to work in.

IHOP has solid coffee. That's about the only thing it's got going for it over Denny's.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Lots of shit ain't good for me.
    It was two because I got up later than usual. I'm most always up by 6, today I slept in until about 7:30.
    Up at the normal time and it would have been three.
    I've switched to Coke Zero for the afternoon. Probably not good for me either.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

When I lived out West, I loved me some Circle K coffee. Have to go down to the greater High Point area to find a Circle K in these parts.

Sheetz is pretty good, though.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That last bit knocking French-press/unfiltered coffee is bogus, man.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

That's exactly how I feel. There are a lot of vices I could have, so if caffeine is the worst thing I do, then so be it.

Draft saved Draft deleted