1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ah, About That Vote I Cast...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That's a way to build consensus. You and Fenian step over to the radical left where there's no desire to get anything done. Terrible comments.

I can guarantee you that the Republicans who are supposedly in the Obama camp of support just simply want to move on, which is not to be confused with your politicial idol, moveon.org. Fuck with them and you lose a decent chance to win this election.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

On this, Yawn and I agree. The way to improve and move forward is to do just that. Move forward. Rehashing the last eight years for the purposes of impeachment or political gain would be more damaging than helpful.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Perhaps that's to Pelosi's credit. She didn't. Whether she wanted to or not.

The alternative: $4 a gallon gas by Christmas and crime will spike, inflation will roar, and jobs will drop like flies and people will be rioting in the damn streets while Congress tries to trash Bush on the way out and solve America's sports steroids fix. Brilliant.

4. jboy

jboy Guest

Oh I think you'll see more of that in the general election. Prepare to here, "the Bush-McCain policies..." ad nauseum. Or, "McCain would be like a third term for Bush..." etc., etc. And when it comes to Iraq, expect to hear a lot about the last years. Ditto for the Bush tax cuts.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I've got a "here"ing problem there jboy. I really don't see how anything other than the war issue and the tax issue needs to be brought up since they are consistent campaign policies of Obama. Again, if he steps too far into the abyss, he'll drive away the Republicans in his camp. Stick to a vision. If he doesn't, he'll be exposed for what he probably is: just another partisan chump.

Draft saved Draft deleted