1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aging blows

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Dec 17, 2007.

1. I was scared off by the drummer of Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians going bonkers in his dreams and getting shot by his neighbor while he pounded on the neighbor's door. Plus, I'm off any nicotine now. Cold turkey from here, other than a rare piece of nicotine gum during the occasional deadline.

2. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

I disagree. Maybe aging sucks after 50 or 60, but I'll find out when I get there.

I'd love to be 25 again, but 35 was pretty better, so screw anyone who thinks life ends at 25 or 30. In Europe, Latin America and South America, the truly elderly are celebrated for their lives, not boxed up in a room somewhere with a "nurses' aide" standing by.

I'd love to be 25 again. But not in the present.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Well I feel a little better now knowing so many others feel like shit. Thank you all! And you're all welcome for me starting this discussion. Call me Mr. Sunshine. I'm hitting the chiropractor again Tuesday (I've never seen one until today) so we'll see what he does.

4. Thank you for dropping by, Mr. Clemens.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm 47 and have no flexibility whatsoever. I was thinking I was feeling pretty good the other day when someone asked me why I was limping. That is not the first time that's happened, either.

6. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

Any time, Dontrelle.

Hope you get your arm back by the time you're 30.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Does she? Cool. Maybe I'll talk her up at the company Christmas dinner.

8. Took me about a minute to understand this. But finally I get it.

9. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Write Brained, good luck with the quitting smoking. Tough, but necessary.

I was told by a doctor the other day that I have sciatica (I think I spelled it right) in my left hip. Sciatica for the love of God!

Sciatica is for really old people and I am just 44.

44 isn't really old. Is it? Is it?

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Got up this morning and checked my emails. My hip and back locked up and I couldn't move. Finally, I was able to make it to the floor, where I lay for 15 minutes before crawling to the couch. Made it the chiropractor a couple hours later and my God did he do wonders. I have no pain in my hip right now. (Of course, I did take four Advil and iced it.) He said it's going to take a while to get me back in decent shape but it's amazing what about 10 minutes of him poking and prodding me did. I can't wait to go back tomorrow.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

You'd think you'd be all limber and loose with all the global warming going on these days.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

American Girl, as those of you who have daughters or who are pedophiles might know, creates a backstory for its dolls focusing on a "historic" year, one that can teach girls of today about life long ago, in the distant past.

The latest doll is from 1974.

Draft saved Draft deleted