1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Agent Julia Child

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Aug 13, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Quality.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Funny. The very thought of Julia Child seducing someone for her country brings Octopussy to mind. Not in a good way either.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No love for spy Sterling Hayden?

"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Q was able to supply Julia with a lethal box of sa-hal-tines.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Yes, the shortest way to a man's heart -- and thus his country's secrets -- is through his stomach.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

you mean the thought of julia child slinking toward you with a shit-eating grin and a turkey baster doesn't tickle your gizzard just a little bit?

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I'm puzzled by the sudden revelation of this. I thought this was common knowledge, since it was mentioned in her obituary.

In fact, if I remember right, we had a "RIP Julia Child" thread and this was pointed out.

Also, Mrs. Birdscribe has been mentioning this in her college history classes for more than a decade.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The college kids who are replacing pink-slipped journos are hearing this for the first time, think it's news.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ah, institutional memory. I remember when that was valued, kiddies . . .

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Favorite chef? I am offended.
    [​IMG]
    BORK! BORK! BORK!

Draft saved Draft deleted