1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Agent confirms Urban Meyer takes Ohio State job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Every time there's a coaching change on the horizon, a bunch of kids decommit or strongly hint at it. Then the new coach comes in, drums up excitement, and the crisis is typically averted. I anticipate that the case will be doubly so in this instance. Ohio State's recruiting class will be better on Signing Day than it is now. Book it.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would hope so since they went from having an interim HC to one who has won two titles...

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I know that some/many of you posters benefit from big time college coaches like Urban Meyer getting hired/fired but I hate when those like Meyer get haughty about the rumours when its leaked then they ignore their prior positions when they do get hired.

Meyer stood on his soapbox ripping those who would send out the rumours because it showed lack of consideration for those who had the job (Luke Fickell.) Um how about someone asked Urban about discussing the job while Fickell was still employed? UM you are a hypocrite.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They're all complete control freaks and pathological liars.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yes. You give someone that much money and that much power, they turn into megalomaniacs. I stopped taking that kind of stuff personally a long time ago.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Meyer's dodge -- which is bullshit but allows him to say he never lied -- would probably be that he truly never did discuss it with anyone at Ohio State. His agent did. There isn't much to discuss except the dollars; he already knows whether he does or doesn't want the job and his agent does the rest, then brings the contract to him to sign.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I can

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They are ranked 19th by Rivals with 15 commits so they should rise because they have plenty of spots.

Draft saved Draft deleted