1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Agent confirms Urban Meyer takes Ohio State job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

As I recall, he didn't say he wasn't interested. He denied he had been offered the job or accepted it, which very well may have been true at the time (though something tells me it probably was not true).

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

One of the funniest things I've seen outside a college football stadium was the sight of a couple of Ole Miss frat boys attempting to sneak Crown Royal into the stadium by pouring it into ziploc baggies and having their Miss America-quality dates carry the baggies in in their purses.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

ummm... they're asking for EMS in the back of the room at Meyer's press conference. Anybody watching?

Edit: Must not have been too bad. PC is still going.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

A woman fainted.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It will get worse before it gets better as one of OSU's top commits is expected to flip to Michigan.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet you see a few UF commits flip to OSU.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mrs. Meyer getting the cue from Urban?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would love to see a list of recruits who were "expected to" do something paired side-by-side with a list of recruits who actually did that thing.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

When did he say that? I heard him deny any interest in other jobs like Penn St. and Arizona, but he struck a conspicuoulsy more ambiguous tone when OSU's name came up. Honestly, I think this has been in the works since the day Tressel left. It is the perfect fit for both school and coach.

10. derwood

derwood Active Member

Pantoni is leaving Florida for tOSU. Migration north has begun.

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Awesome.

12. mb

mb Active Member

Loved that ESPN left the PC and claimed "technical difficulties" ... after they very clearly twice called for EMS.

Draft saved Draft deleted