1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Agent confirms Urban Meyer takes Ohio State job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Things are looking up for Muschamp though. They get to play Missouri next year.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Would Muschamp be right? I always seem to remember Meyer having mostly top 5 or top 10 classes. Maybe there was a dropoff at the end.

Muschamp better win now. I know they weren't expected to do too well this year, but I don't think 6-6 sits too well with that fanbase under any circumstances.

3. Mizzougrad96

Zook never had a season as bad as Muschamp has had. There were similar gripes when Spurrier left, that he hadn't left a ton of talent behind...

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it qualifies as breaking news.

I've seen far too many of these anonymously sourced scoops disintegrate to believe them before they are confirmed, on the record, by someone close to the process.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Meyer's last three classes were ranked No. 3, 11 and 2 by Rivals.com. But obviously, the offensive skill guys were recruited for a totally different system.

6. Dick Whitman

Charlie Weis is his offensive coordinator.

Honest to god, nobody does less with more.

7. derwood

derwood Active Member

Turns out Zook couldn't coach but at least he was tremendous recruiter. Will is yet to demonstrate that he can coach or recruit.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Muschamp hasn't had a full recruiting year yet. He was hired Dec. 12 last year. But his 2012 class is ranked No. 4 (behind Texas, FSU and Michigan), so I think he'll be just fine in that regard.

9. Mizzougrad96

Meyer's last three recruiting classes were ranked 5, 4 and 1 by ESPN...

I doubt Muschamp is getting much sympathy.

10. ejhayes737

ejhayes737 Member

It sure doesn't. The only thing that could make this season worse is a loss to a Big Ten team in a bowl game. I wouldn't be able to handle that at all. And as far as Urban Liar goes, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

11. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Yes, his conversation with his wife probably went like this:

Mrs. Meyer: What about your health, Urban?

Urban: $40 million.

Mrs. Meyer: What about spending time with your children?

Mrs. Meyer: What about spending time with your wife?

Mrs. Meyer: I think we can be comfortable with your decision.

12. Dick Whitman

I do wonder how these guys make the time. If I don't see my little one for 24 hours, or get to spend significant blocks of time with him (as in a full day) for a few days, I feel a huge hole in my life for that moment.

But ... $40 million. But ... time that you can never get back.

I guess you work an 80-100-hour a week job, with travel thrown in for fun, you probably don't have many hobbies other than work and family.

Draft saved Draft deleted