1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

After Tuesday Hillary WILL ... ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Feb 28, 2008.

?

Assuming a split, what will Hillary do?

1. Stay in the race and make it ugly with lawyers, etc.

18 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Stay in the race but keep it relatively civil.

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  3. Bow out gracefully.

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. Bow out with serious snark, taking potshots, etc.

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. I don't pretend to know what Hillary will do.

20 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I got into a tiff with Mr. Lugs when he forcefully declared with a snarl, "She'll lose Texas, win Ohio and keep freakin' going."

There's so much hatred for Hillary... But also, everybody absolutley knows what her next move will be.

(Remember the old "She'll drop Bill so fast after they leave the White House"?)

Since there seems to be such strong opinions...

Let's assume for S's and G's that she wins Ohio and loses Texas (hey - here's one person hoping that doesn't happen), but let's assume that's the case for the purposes of this poll.

Going on the record with your vote is encouraged.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

She has to win both to stay alive and at least take it to Pennsylvania. By substantial margins.

I get to vote in one of the primaries in five days.

Sadly, I can tell you that in Texas, it's all over but the shouting. At least in DFW. I've heard Obama ads on the radio ad (get it) nauseam for the last 3 weeks and I have yet to hear one single solitary Hillary ad.

3. jboy

jboy Guest

If she doesn't win both states its impossible to win the nomination, save for winning 90 percent of the vote in Pennsylvania, winning all the super delegates and getting FL and MI's delegates counted.

She'll look at her chances, her finances and bow out somewhat gracefully. She's lots of things, but she's not stupid.

4. Lugnuts

Interesting thoughts...

FB: Oh boy. How 'bout that. Her lack of $$$ is probably not being talked about as much as it should right now. I think her pissing pot's about to get repo'd.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

will burn all her pantsuits

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

If she loses both, she'll withdraw.

If she takes Ohio but loses Texas, I can see her thinking long and hard about withdrawing, but eventually deciding to continue. She's got all those big plum states on her side--NY, CA, FL, OH, etc., that are hard for her to walk away from. It also depends on what kind of pressure/advice her fellow Democrats are giving her: If she's getting a lot of heat to step aside, that could influence her decision.

When and if she does back out of the race, I think she'll do it gracefully. I know there's a lot of venom toward her, and that some folks expect her to sprout devil horns and begin breathing fire when the prize of becoming president is taken away from her, but I don't see that happening: I think it will be a dignified exit

And of the three remaining, I still think she's the one who has the best chance of making this country a better place in 2012 than it is in 2008.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

kick the shit out of Bill on a daily basis.

8. Lugnuts

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

... still not ever be in my kitchen.

She might, however, cook up a scheme to sabotage Obama.

10. If she splits the two, and the one she loses is close, she'll go on to Pennsylvania, and she should. The delegate count will still be close -- especially if Texas is a close race, because nobody will be done parceling out the delegates down there for a couple of weeks. The notion that she should drop out because she's lost primaries while still winning delegates is bizarre.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Her lead is shrinking in PA with a little less than 8 weeks to go.

12. We'll see what happens if she wins one of the primaries on Tuesday.
    If she loses both of them, it's done.

Draft saved Draft deleted