1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

After Scott Baio last night, he figured he'd seen enough...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Jul 20, 2016.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, Laverne and Shirley was a terrible, unfunny television show. It was a product of the times, a three network nation.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Was she really that hot? I mean, Big was great, and so was A League of Their Own, but I'm having a tough time remembering anything of note she's done since then.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The first couple of seasons were good. After that, not so much.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I haven't thought about "Nothing in Common" in forever. The darker parts with Jackie Gleason were really good.

Songbird likes this.
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Awakenings came right in that same time frame. And Renaissance Man, The Preacher's Wife and Riding in Cars With Boys followed after that. It was a pretty darn good run, even if they weren't all blockbusters.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Big was the first film directed by a woman to gross $100 million. And though not a comedy), Awakenings was nominated for Best Picture.

She had a good run.

7. Songbird

Went down some Garry Marshall rabbit holes, which led to Happy Days holes, and Fonzie Holes™ and ...

I think he's forgiven for jumping the shark considering he did this.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Totally going to threadjack this now...

It's amazing how those of us of a certain age can distinctly remember very specific scenes from the sitcoms we used to watch religiously. Namely, Happy Days, maybe L&S, definitely M*A*S*H.

For the group just below me in age, I suspect SBTB is their go-to group TV memories.

But what TV moments do pre-teens and teens have to share these days? I hardly think they'll be reminiscing in 20 years about their group chats about Game of Thrones or BReaking Bad. At least I hope not.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Big Bang Theory?

TigerVols likes this.
  10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

TV barely exists for teens and pre-teens. If it isn't on YouTube, they don't watch it.

11. Songbird

Yeah, like why the fuck didn't Holly get out of the pylon when it finally took her home? Seriously, kid, screw your dad and brother. You're home again!

TigerVols likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

image.jpeg Saturday mornings in the late 60's and early 70's were for kids who did LSD
    image.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted