1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

After Nearly A Decade, Sellouts At Fenway Park Come To An End

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 11, 2013.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Hope this is no D-B, but I thought this was note-worthy. Longest period of straight sellouts comes to an end in Boston. I just thought it was interesting.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/boston-red-sox-fenway-park-nearly-10-year-sellout-streak-ends-041013

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It was always kind of a bogus streak because it has the fewest seats of any park in the majors, but still, 10 years is a long time to draw 30,000-plus every night when other teams are sometimes happy to see 10,000.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Come on, that record was about as bogus as the loving marriage between Rick Pitino and his wife I kept reading earlier this week.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And the Cubs are seeing a decline in attendance as well, right?

Guess there's really no bulletproof solution for bring people out to watch lousy baseball teams.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As crappy as the weather is in Chicago today, there may be more Giants fans than Cubs fans at Wrigley.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I saw a Giants -Cubs game that looked like it only had a couple of thousand fans becasue of the weather. But what are Cub season ticket sales?i

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm glad to say I was a part of the two longest sellout streaks in MLB history at least. Went to a Red Sox game in 2006 and a Indians game in 1999.

Draft saved Draft deleted