1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Afghanistan 2.0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Apolitical thoughts, anyone?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I hear it's hot over there.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Hope it goes better than Iraq 2.0

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Let's just lock this thread now and save the moderators the time and hassle of having to check it every two seconds.

6. As the parent of a Camp Lejeune Marine, it's hard for me to be apolitical right now.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I dunno, let's see if the adults around here can play nice.

As for the new plan, seems to me Obama is just doing exactly what he said all during the campaign that he'd do: Double down. Obama should have couched his announcement as "I'm keeping a campaign promise."

I think the plan might just work cause I have faith in our military leadership to fight a modern, tactical war there.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

How could it possibly be apolitical?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the Afghanistan 2.0.1 upgrade, thanks.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I was going to post something else, but since no one else has taken the bait, I'll just say good luck to Lone Star Scribe.

I hope your son remains safe, is proud of his service, and (continues to) make you proud of him.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I've got a cousin serving in the Army over there. It's what he wanted to do, so I'm not going to shake my fist at the machine about it. He's due back in March, God willing.

If there's a good reason for us to be there, then by all means, let's be there. If Osama is gettable, then we should get him.

12. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I'm going to get my leftist credentials revoked for this, but I think he's doing what he has to do. I dunno if it's going to work. But yeah, I think we need to fight the Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
    I hate the fact that we have a terrible partner in the Afghan government. I hate that so many people have died needlessly in Iraq.
    But forget the whole thing and go home? No. Not an option, or at least, not a real-world option, in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.