1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AFC Playoff poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Dec 30, 2007.

?

Who wins the AFC?

1. Patriots

32 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. Colts

17 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. Jags

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Chargers

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. Steelers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Titans

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Depends on wild-card games. The Patriots play the lowest remaining seed in the second round; the Colts get the higher seed.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oh, then I'll have to revise mine if and when the time comes.

But my wild-card picks still stand.

Basically, NE v. Indy for the AFC title, though for some reason I can see the Chargers playing the Cowboys for the whole enchilada.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's not impossible for the Steelers to beat the Jaguars, but I think the previous meeting proved that the Florida team playing in Pittsburgh in January is meaningless. If anything, the Jaguars are built more for bad weather than the Steelers are with their power running game. Pittsburgh's only real advantages in that game are overall team speed and skill at quarterback. The bad weather helped negate those advantages when the Jags won a few weeks ago in Pittsburgh.

The best thing that could happen to the Steelers is a nice, dry field Saturday night.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Somewhere in a distant Mongolian monastery, Tony Eason contemplates his place in Patriots history.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Steelers and San Diego win in first round.

Englanders wind up in Super Bowl.
    That's all I've got. But book it.

6. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Jags beat Steelers
    Chargers beat Titans
    Colts beat Chargers
    Patriots beat Jags
    Colts beat Pats

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08001/845874-66.stm

So much for the Steelers' chances to even make it past the Jaguars. Left tackle Marvel Smith was already out after having back surgery. Now his replacement, Max Starks, is done for the season with a knee injury.

Starks was the starting right tackle on the '05 Super Bowl team and he had been playing extremely well in Smith's place. Not a great team to begin with, now they are down their free safety (Ryan Clark), their top defensive end (Aaron Smith), Pro Bowl tailback (Willie Parker) and their top two left tackles.

At this point, the only question is whether or not there will be anything left of Ben Roethlisberger by the end of the game Saturday night.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Jaguars beat Steelers (pains me to write that, but the Steelers look done)
    Chargers beat Titans

Patriots beat Jaguars
    Colts beat Chargers

Colts beat Patriots on Vinitieri's field goal, in the snow, on the final play

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Jac 17
    Pit 13

SD 31
    TEN 20

SD 38
    IND 30

NE 38
    JAC 14

SD 38
    NE 30

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Anyone picking San Diego is either (a) a fan boy or (b) sniffing mushrooms.

People please remember this is a team that is coached by NORV TURNER -- I'll be shocked if they get by the Titans.......

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm neither A, nor B. But I think this group is much more battle-tested than last year's 14-2 team. And there is so much pressure to win at least one playoff game that they will probably do it, finally.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Hard to do it with a bad QB.

Draft saved Draft deleted