1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AFC playoff poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Jan 2, 2007.

?

Who takes the AFC?

1. San Diego

16 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Baltimore

16 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. New England

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Indy

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. Jets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. KC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I just can't take that leap given that Rodney Harrison might miss the entire playoffs. With him out, they're a different team.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That is true, but the Patriots defense has come up big before with wide receivers playing in the secondary. I just think that Brady is pretty damn good and once again everyone is doubting them.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

True. If they can just keep the game close, I think Brady can win it for them in the 4th quarter.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I bet you they will not hold up LT in the postseason.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

you can put me down as someone else in the Ravens corner. That defence is arguably the best in the league and McNair has given them that arial attack they have lacked for the last decade. Right now they are playing the best football in the league. I also like the Sandiego Super Chargers, but something about them just gives me the heebie jeebies. It's not yet time for Phillip Rivers. I think he's a guy that is going to need that hard playoff loss before he really takes off.

6. I can't push on my two choices, so I'm going to go ahead and say Baltimore if for no other reason than Air won't fold under the pressure. Young Phillip Rivers could use a lesson in big game mastery. He'll get it from McNair.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If the Ravens played the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, I think the talking heads on ESPN might explode from joy.

I like New England.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

According to Bama fans, Saban and Miami already have it locked up.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not as much as the talking heads would love Pats vs. Cowboys.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Marty and AJ aren't on the best of terms in San Diego despite a 14-2 mark and No. 1 seeding in AFC. If the Bolts get to the Super Bowl and win it, Marty retires and/or entertains other coaching offers. Bolts lose in first playoff game or maybe even AFC title game and Marty might get fired.

This was heard on San Diego radio station with an AP reporter who said Marty and AJ aren't on great terms right now.

Any thoughts on this from the SportsJournalists.com crew?

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Philip Rivers is already pretty battle-tested. He also has the best running back - crap, the best PLAYER - in football behind him. Pretty good offensive line and a more-than-passable defense to boot.

Yeah ... think I'm going with the Chargers. Keep betting against Rivers ... he's been dealing with that crap for seven years. Usually comes away smelling like a champion.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What crap was he dealing with sitting on the bench the last two years? Don't get me wrong. I like the kid and I'm one of the first to say the Giants made a big mistake giving up so much for Manning rather than just taking Rivers, but I don't remember much crap when he wasn't playing.

Draft saved Draft deleted