1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AFA hires Calhoun. Paper 2 miles away has to go to Bristol, Conn. for the news.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BullBoi, Dec 22, 2006.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Looks like KP won't be donating to the Ohio athletic fund any time soon.

2. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Re: AFA hires Calhoun. Paper 2 miles away has to go to Bristol, Conn. for the ne

I'm all for beat reporters breaking every story they can. But jeez, everybody gets beat once in a while. And by the way, Joe Schad may be ridiculous on TV, but he was hired by ESPN.com because he is a tremendous reporter (regardless of what you think of him). He beats people sometimes...

3. KP

KP Active Member

They received the check as soon as they set him free. They also gained a season ticket holder from 800 miles away.

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I knew that Calhoun left. I just didn't think it would happen at the time, because he seemed clueless sometimes at Ohio. Obviously I didn't realize how much Grobe had kept that program together with sheer force of will.

There were some great Knorr stories as he took the Ohio job. My favorite was that spring, during workouts, he pulled a cornerback aside and told him to look good for pictures that week, noting, "these are going to be our bowl pictures." The ensuing year, the Bobcats lost to Buffalo by 50.

Draft saved Draft deleted