1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advice On Wordpress Theme/Plugins For Online News Blog

Discussion in 'Online Journalism' started by PlanBsocial, Oct 8, 2015.

1. PlanBsocial

PlanBsocial New Member

I'm relatively new to Wordpress and have recently acquired a print magazine. I want to move it over to digital and am looking for advice on tools that are built for this purpose.

Basically, I want to allow our writers to submit their articles into an online form, including the images that they want to run with their article.

Ideally, their submitted work would then be outputted automatically in a format that is ready to publish, i.e. a layout similar to what you might see on any other online newspaper or magazine...featured image, copy, image, copy.

If I can find a Wordpress theme and/or plugin that is already set up to do what I'm asking, that would be wonderful. Any help out there?

Thanks in advance!

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

My company has built its site off of a StudioPress theme. I recommend them. They have good support, and without getting too technical, suffice to say they what they're doing and have built their themes with all the appropriate under-the-hood stuff that will make the website appear well on all platforms (i.e. all mobile and desktop OS's) and help it show up in searches.

Wordpress's post editing module is pretty easy to use. You will have to play around with it and learn how to use it so you can understand it. If you've ever done any design in Microsoft Word, you should pick Wordpress easy.

3. DMNHL

DMNHL New Member

I second StudioPress. If you need help with it let me know.

Draft saved Draft deleted