1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advice on whether or not to go to a U2 concert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

If I were anywhere near you, *I* would buy the tickets and go.

Like a couple of other seminal acts (Dylan and the Stones) I have seen, and one (MJ) I wish I had a chance to see, anyone who can should see U2 if for no other reason than they can say someday that they had.

RB

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Make me jealous. Go.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Thanks to the push from here, I think I'm definitely going to take one of the tickets.

Though, I'm more excited that I just found out that Lenka is playing at the Mercury Lounge in November for $14.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's my wife's point of view.

And since I really have no desire to "say that I saw so-and-so" someday, I guess there aren't going to be very many concerts in our future.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Let us know how it went. Tweets during the show, perhaps? ;)

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I don't need to read anything more than the thrread title. Go. Best big live concert I've ever seen.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think a lot depends on your age.
    When I was younger, I went to a multitude of large-venue and arena concerts. I had a great time at almost all of them.
    Now, in middle age, I have no interest in those shows. I limit myself to small venues in which I can see the performance.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm not much of a U2 fan, but any group of accomplished musicians is worth seeing live. It's a concert, I assume with lots of bells and whistles. Go and enjoy.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm not a big U2 fan by any means, or if at all, but if you have some sort of interest in them then I say go. Noting beats a concert - great atmosphere and etc.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Go. I hear Bono needs the money.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This has been a good couple of days for getting cheap tickets to go see legends of music. I just snatched some $35 tickets (including all the fees) to go see Bruce at the Meadowlands in a couple of weeks.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I wouldn't go to that one. He sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted